105 DAYS OF SUMMER
“HIP-HOP AGAINST GUN & GANG VIOLENCE MONTH”
Hip-Hop is the greatest international cultural phenomenon ever created and celebrates its groundbreaking 50th anniversary this year. The multi-billion dollar industry transcends race, religion, ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and is the “Music & Lifestyle of Choice” for billions of citizens worldwide. In an effort to improve Public Safety and end Gun & Gang Violence in May we celebrate the 2nd Annual Hip-Hop Against Gun & Gang Violence Month and the 12th Annual Hip-Hop Against Gun & Gang Violence Week. Both initiatives are supported by Power 105.1, “The People’s Shark” Daymond John and 105 Days of Summer. Proclamations, Citations, Resolutions and other forms of recognition supporting Hip-Hop Against Gun & Gang Violence Month were presented by: NYC Mayor Eric Adams, NYC Council Speaker Adrienne Adams and NYC Council, NYS Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, Assembly Member Inez Dickens, a Citation from NYS Attorney General Tish James, and a Special Message from President Joe Biden.
This year’s theme:
In addition, a growing list of co-sponsors include: 24 Hour Fitness, NYCHA, C-COP, Guns Down Knuckle Up Campaign, P.O.G. Music Group, TrendCatch Advertising, Big Panda Records, Diversity In National Security Network, IMI Studios, David N. Dinkins School For Community Service and Clean Rite Center. Each of our socially responsible partners have joined us to empower young citizens with the tools for success as we work to improve conditions for those living in poor and disadvantaged communities.
“WITH ENTREPRENEURS WE GRIND TO END GUN & GANG CRIME”
SEVEN FASCINATING FACTS
TO BUILD A SAFER, STRONGER AND BETTER NATION WE MUST FOCUS ON
FINANCIAL, MENTAL & PHYSICAL HEALTH
- GUNS ARE THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH FOR YOUTH 1-19 YEARS OF AGE, SURPASSING AUTO ACCIDENTS
- THE U.S. HAS 33,000 GANGS, REPRESENTING 1.4 MILLION MEMBERS WHO COMMIT 48% OF OUR VIOLENT CRIME
- 1.2 MILLION STUDENTS DROPOUT ANNUALLY, AND 7 OUT OF 10 PRISONERS ARE HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS
- NEARLY 1 IN 3 CHILDREN & ADOLESCENTS ARE OVERWEIGHT OR OBESE, WITH ABOUT 14.7 MILLION BEING OBESE
- SUICIDE IS THE 2ND LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH FOR INDIVIDUALS 5-24 YEARS OF AGE DUE TO POOR MENTAL HEALTH
- 37.9 MILLION PEOPLE LIVE IN POVERTY, 12.2 MILLION ARE CHILDREN; U.S. HAS HIGHEST CHILD POVERTY AT 20.9 GLOBALLY
- 600,000 CITIZENS ARE RELEASED FROM PRISON ANNUALLY, WITH 67% RETURNING WITHIN 3 YEARS OF THEIR RELEASE
HOW WILL WE ACCOMPLISH THE TASK?
Using the Power of Entrepreneurship to End Gun & Gang Violence. We have 7 components:
- HIP-HOP AND DAYMOND ON DEMAND PROJECT – A digital business curriculum to help participants start and build a successful business.
- HATE THE WEIGHT CHALLENGE AND E.D.S. – Participants are taught the importance of a healthy diet, working out, losing weight and staying in shape.
- MINDOLOGY 4 YOUTH – Participants are taught how to address and solve mental health issues.
- GANGS AGAINST VIOLENCE & EXPLOITATION (GAVE) – Participants learn the dangers of gun & gang violence, how to improve public safety and build better communities.
- LITTLE DAYMOND MONEY CLUB – Participants are taught Financial Literacy at a young age to end the cycle of poverty and money mismanagement.
- HIP-HOP POWER 50 PROJECT – Talent Search, Music Business Education & Studio Production will help get young citizens OFF THE STREETS.
- "FAMILY DAY” AND 105 DAYS OF SUMMER – Family, Friends and Community leaders enjoy food, music, games, awards, speakers and discuss community issues.
FOR INFO ON OUR PROJECTS, SOCIAL MEDIA AND SPONSORS CLICK THE LINKS BELOW
TWITTER; IG; FACEBOOK @HHSYC
CLICK HERE TO SEE PROCLAMATIONS FOR HIP-HOP AGAINST GUN & GANG VIOLENCE MONTH
CLICK HERE TO SEE HIP-HOP’S SPECIAL 50TH ANNIVERSARY REPORT
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE HIP-HOP POWER 50 PROJECT PAGE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT TO END GUN & GANG VIOLENCE
Thanks to our sponsors