Now each year, we watch the news and it's filled with bad news on what happened during the holiday. Jimmy blew off his finger... Franky set the house on fire... Mario hit grandma with a firecracker. We don't want to hear any of it this year. Here are some things you should avoid so we all can have a fun and safe Fourth of July.
- First and foremost, do not attempt to light any fireworks if you don't truly know what you're doing or at least have someone around that knows what they're doing. It looks fun, but it is truly dangerous and a lot can go wrong.
- Do not light any fireworks in the house or close to it. Fireworks are obvious flammable. Make sure you are in an open space with no tree's or houses.
- Do not light a firework and stand there, get back! The last thing you want is that rocket hitting you in the face. They're supposed to shoot up, but things can go wrong all of the time.
- Do not try to light a firework and record at the same time. You have to focus on things to go perfectly. Have someone else record for you or prop your phone up to record for you.
- Do not place the fireworks on any surface/foundation that is unstable or uneven. Once that fuse is lit, there is no turning back. If it falls over, rockets will be flying in a direction that you do not want.
- Lastly... If you are drinking, just stay away from anything that has to do with danger.
- Do not have an event at your house and not have food. You don't have to make a Thanksgiving dinner, but have something for people to munch on. It's an unwritten law!
- Have somebody that knows how to cook on the grill. Uncle Elroy or Cousin Marlon is going to want to man the grill, but it isn't always the best idea. You don't want all your burgers and ribs burnt because homeboy wanted to dance to the Electric Slide.
- If you're going to provide liquor, be mindful that there are people at your event that drove. Be mindful of your guest. Know when to cut people off.
- Last, but certainly not least. You better not throw a function without any music. If you throw something without any music, you deserve to be thrown off a cliff. Stop being cheap and go buy some good speakers or hire a DJ. If you can hear people conversing louder than the music, your speakers aren't loud enough.