Personally, I am not a huge water fan. It lacks taste in my opinion. Of course, we all know the importance of drinking water. I mean... your body is consisted of around 55% water. You may not ever drink water, but your body still has it. Why? Well, it's actually pretty simple.
I love soda, juice, iced tea, pretty much anything that has a lot of sugar in it. I was never a big fan of water. Even while knowing how crucial your body needs water, I always grabbed the Gatorade or Propels to do the job. I thought well since there's water in it, it will do the same job that water will do. I was right to some degree, but there's water in much more things that will keep you hydrated.
If you're like me and you don't drink a lot of water, here are some ways to stay hydrated:
- Eat healthier
- Foods like fruits, celery, salad, and even oatmeal all have a significant impact on your hydration. They're full of water and your body will break it down and hydrate itself. Whatever it doesn't use will be sent over to your intestines to be discarded.
- Drink anything with milk in it.
- Milk is also a great source for hydrating. When you eat any cereal, make sure you suck up that milk when you're done. You can also grab a smoothie made with fruits and milk to get double the pleasure. Click here for a list of good smoothie recipes.
- Pass up on the dry snacks
- Things like chips, pretzels, and crackers are all dry and rob you of the opportunity to hydrate. Grab some yogurt or frozen fruit instead.
- Infuse your water
- Infusing your water with things like limes, pineapples, oranges, or strawberries will turn your boring water into a refreshing beverage. It's like a water on steroids and it tastes great.
- Chill out with the liquor, bro.
- An access amount of liquor will completely take away all hydration from your body. You will be at risk of passing out if your drinking too much in the sun. Have you ever drank too much the night before, and woke up with your mouth super dry? It's because your body was so desperate for hydration, it used the saliva from your mouth. Nurse your drink over time, just don't go smashing beers back to back with the guys in the sun.