CASH ME ON CATFISH!
MTV's "Catfish" is changing the game this season and bringing people face to face with social media trolls.
According to a casting call notice posted on Facebook, MTV is looking for people who can respond in the affirmative to any of these questions about online rivalries:
- “Do you have an online rival?”
- “Do you find yourself getting mad at [your online rival] all the time?”
- “Does [your online rival] drive you up the wall?”
- “Do you [and your online rival] comment on almost all of each other’s posts?”
- “Think it’s time to finally meet [your online rival] in person?”
- “Are you a highly opinionated, polarizing character?”
- “Have you been drawn into online debates over topics like Veganism, Feminism, LGBTQ rights, Body Shaming, Politics, Race, Religion, and other hot button social issues?”
- “Is this a long time running feud? Would you like to meet your rival in person?”
Catfish: The TV Show is also interested in casting people who can respond in the affirmative to any of these questions about internet trolls:
- “Do you have an online troll that’s making your life miserable?”
- “[Is your online troll] going out of their way to comment on all your posts?”
- “Have you ever wanted to find out who’s really behind the profile [of your online troll]?”
Who's auditioning? 👀