There is growing speculation that three people found dead in an above-ground swimming pool in New Jersey may have been electrocuted after authorities reportedly called an electrician to the home after the incident. Authorities haven't confirmed if there was an electrical issue, however, a hidden danger with pools is their ability to conduct electricity.
The East Brunswick Police Department and Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office identified the victims as Bharat Patel, 62, his daughter-in-law Nisha Patel, 33, and her 8-year-old daughter. The manner of death was accidental and the result of drowning, the county Medical Examiner's Office said Tuesday.
Monday afternoon, police received a call from a neighbor who heard screaming, police Lt. Frank Sutter told CNN. Officers arrived at the home and found the victims unresponsive in a pool.
The family had moved into the home just 20 days earlier, police said. There have been multiple tragic instances of electrocution deaths in pools across the United States.