Teen's Vape Explodes Causing Serious Injury


BRITAIN-MARKETS-WORLD

Vapes are commonly used amongst teens and young adults, for this 17-year-old boy using his vaped caused him to have a shattered jaw and displaced teeth. According to CNN, the boy was using his vape when it exploded in his face. He was then rushed to a hospital in Utah and underwent surgery. Dr.Katie Russell the doctor that treated the teenage boy released a statement “People need to know before they buy these devices that there's a possibility they're going to blow up in your pocket, in your face,".

A study that was published in 2018 shows that a vape exploding in your face is more common than you think. The study explains that “More than 2,000 e-cigarette explosion and burn injuries sent users to US hospital emergency departments from 2015 to 2017.”As for the teenage boy his recovery took six weeks but still needs to replace the missing teeth due to the explosion.

Photo:Getty Images


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content