What Are Dogs Allergic To?

Do you know what dogs are allergic too?

Well if you don't, Angie enlightened us a bit with a story that happened to her this weekend with her poor dog Uzi who ended up in the hospital due to eating chocolate. "Dogs are allergic to chocolate, alcohol, avocados, and more!"she said. 

Angie's right!  There is so much more that many of us may not even be aware of.  

According to Webmd,  

1.Candy,gum, toothpaste, baked goods are all bad for dogs because they are sweetened with Xylitol. This causes your dog's blood sugar to drop and can also cause liver failure. 

2. Avocado, as Angie mentioned, isn't good for dogs because Avocados have something called persin too much might cause vomiting or diarrhea in dogs.

3.Onions and Garlic,  whether powdered, raw, cooked, or dehydrated can kill a dogs red blood cells, causing anemia.

4.Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure in dogs. 

5.Milk and other dairy products can cause diarrhea and other digestive problems for your pup. They can also trigger food allergies, which can cause itching.

6.Macadamia nuts can make a dog sick. Look for symptoms like muscle shakes, vomiting, high temperature, and weakness in his back legs. Eating chocolate with the nuts will make symptoms worse, maybe even leading to death.

7.Chocolate is bad for dogs. The problem in chocolate is theobromine. It's in all kinds of chocolate, even white chocolate. The most dangerous types are dark chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate. Chocolate can cause a dog to vomit and have diarrhea. It can also cause heart problems, tremors, seizures, and death.

8.Raw Eggs, which is a given, should not be given to dogs.  There's the chance of food poisoning from bacteria like salmonella or E. coli. Talk to your vet if you have questions.

9.Persimmons, Peaches, Plums and Citrus. The problem with these fruits is the seeds or pits. Seeds from persimmons can cause problems in a dog's small intestine. 

10.Salt is not a good idea to share with dogs either. Salty foods like chips or pretzels make your dog seriously thirsty. Symptoms of too much salt include vomiting, diarrhea, depression, tremors, high temperature, and seizures. It may even cause death. 

There are only a few allergies that dogs are allergic too, for more info don't be afraid to do your research and also call ASPCA the Animal Poison Center at (888)426-4435. Keep your animals and healthy as possible. 

Follow my IG @Shaysayss

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content