#HispanicHeritageMonth is still underway! We've already named some of the most influential Hispanic rappers, athletes, and actors! However, the celebration doesn't stop until October 15, so here are some of the most influential Hispanics in fashion design!
- Alfredo Martinez (Mexican): One of Mexico's most prominent designers. He uses elements of art, music, science fiction, architecture, and organic forms to create innovative pieces. Established in 2010.
- Esteban Cortazar (Colombian): At only 18 years old he debuted his line of clothing at New York Fashion Week in 2002. He was deemed the youngest designer to show a collection at NYFW. He is was named the "child prodigy of Colombian fashion".
- Meche Correa (Peruvian): One of the most renowned designers in Peru. Her best known design tittled "Love Bag" was crafted from the traditional blankets peruvians use to carry their children.
- Maria Cornejo (Chilean): Grew up in England born in Chile but now based in New York. Has dressed tons of celebrtities including First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Jean Cintron (Puerto Rican): Presented his work at NYFW at the age of 23. He also captured the attetnion of pulbishers at Vogue and is now one of the most prominent faces in Latin American fashion.
- Alexandra Herchcovitch (Brazil): His iconic skull patterns became a staple for young latins in Brazil during the 90's. His designs have been spotted on runways in New York, Paris, & London.
- Salo Shayo (Meixcan): Founded his brand in 2014 with the help of Vogue Italia editor Sara Manio. His designs are recognized by their oversized shape and rigid structure.
- Paula Mendoza (Colombian): Started one of the most recongized latino jewlery labels in the world. She has styled celebrities likeJada Pinkett Smith in Gotham. She also stands as ceative director of L.A. Cano.
Any names we missed? Let us know!
(Photos @ GettyImages)