RZA dropped by The Angie Martinez show along with DJ Mathematics to talk about the new Wu-Tang album, which he executive produced and Math produced, RZA's new comic and upcoming movie with Common, Azealia Banks and Jill Scott.
They also touched on:
- His career as a rapper, actor, producer..." it's a blessing being able to express this art (hip-hop) in a different medium."
- Hooking up with Chipotle for a promo campaign despite the fact that he couldn't even pronounce the name the restaurant for which he got a 60-piece orchestra to record a sound for every single item used by Chipotle.
- Being Vegan for years now and stopping the meat consumption back in 1997 after being crowned "chicken wing champ" is his home.
- The last Wu-Tang album that nobody really got to hear and how incredible it is that nobody has ever bootlegged it. "There's an 88-year non-commercialization clause...this was the first contract of it it's kind...it was to put value back in music."
- How proud RZA is that Joey Badass and the whole A$AP Mob took the Wu philosophy and ran with it.
- Method Man is one of the first members to start working with Math on this project which he started working on without an objective and RZA decided it should be a Wu album. "Every other Wu member was feeling good about the music," says RZA about the project coming together.
- RZA having the legal say on any Wu album that ever gets put out.
- RZA's upcoming movie which he directed and stars Common, Azealia Banks and Jill Scott. "She killed the movie...she really held her weight," he says about working with Azealia on the film.