G-Eazy came thru The Angie Martinez Show to chat about his upcoming double album, The Beautiful and Damned, as well as Bay culture and the healthy relationships he prioritizes. Here's how it went down.
- His new partnership with Stillhouse Whiskey and taking shots of mint chip whiskey with Angie.
- How "No Limit" came to be and how he met Cardi B at a show last year.
- Working with A$AP Rocky and how they first met before Rocky's mixtape came out.
- How his "Sis" Kehlani and "Unc" E-40 are people he wants to have featured on every album he makes.
- Important advice E-40 has given him: staying consistent and being respectful.
- How he's had the same team he started out with, including best friend/manager Jamele.
- He bought a house in Beverly Hills and how his last crib was a suitcase. His neighbors hate him but they can't kick him out. "I have no mortgage. I bought my house in cash."
- How he blocked out time to be home and put a studio in his new house and sessions with E-40 went so late, E-40 was nodding at the mic.
- He wants to get into acting one day and The Beautiful and Damned has a short film attached to the album about Gerald v. G-Eazy.
- Moving to New Orleans when he was 18 was eye opening for him and will always be his second home.
- Would love to grow into a person like Diddy and provide opportunities and platforms for new artists.
- The struggles of early tours and making it without a cosign. "We lost all our jobs on the first tour."
- He felt Eminem's 2017 BET Awards verse was flames.
- The Beautiful and Damned is a double album split into to halves, Gerald and G-Eazy.
- On relationship with Halsey: "Its a healthy one." He feels like she's the female him and being with someone who works so hard is inspiring.
G-Eazy gets the whole crowd to sing Happy Birthday to Halsey
Normally, I hate PDA but these two are too cute.