Idris Elba is a celebrated A-List actor of great talent but he's still very in tune with the streets, music and hip-hop.
On Wednesday Idris sat down with Angie Martinez to talk about his new movie ‘The Mountain Between Us’ with Kate Winslet and while in the studio he also talked about:
- How he picks his movie projects and if there is one particular role he wanted that he didn't get and how some projects have in fact pick him.
- Still being salty about losing a role in 'Brown Sugar' to Boris Kodjoe.
- The decision to go public with his new relationship and what his new girlfriend, Sabrina Dhowre, who he admitted that he's "in love" with.
- How his daughter can do an amazing Cardi B impression and loves 'Bodak Yellow.'
- Loving Jay Z’s new ‘4:44’ album since it actually has something to say that he can relate to and the fact that he likes to get in the studio and spit some bars every now and then.
- His decision to become a trained kickboxing fighter despite risking getting his face broken up. “I hurt myself a few times and fought someone who had ten professional fights before me and I won" he says about being 1-0 for the time being.
- “Life is for living…people spend too much thinking of what they want to do instead of doing it” he says about always doing what he feels like in life wether it be kickboxing, racing cars, DJing or rapping.
- His hopes to one day put out a mixtape or an EP “I love hip-hop, I have something to say" he says.
- Not really doing it for the awards when it comes to his movie roles.
- The new direction that his new movie Thor 3 is taking “my character.”