The 22 year old Brooklyn MC Joey Bada$$ stopped by to talk about his upcoming album All Amerikkkan Badass.
He also talked about:
- Being labeled as a 90's style rapper. "I took it as a good way."
- Dealing with the death of his best friend Capital Steez and his cousin/former manager Junior.
- How music allows him to escape his pain and depression. "They would never let me stop"
- His album leaking days before the release. "If you listened to the leak, you have to buy 5 copies."
- His opinion on New York radio. "It doesn't feel the way it felt to me growing up."
- The importance of being connected to the youth. "The kids always know before the older people."
- How happy he is to finally meet Angie Martinez. 'This is a moment my mom is proud of."
- People in the industry making sure good music is on the radio. "People are afraid to say shit is trash."
- Declaring today his own music holiday, Global Hip Hop Appreciation Day.
- Clearing up his controversial Tupac Shakur comments + much more.
Watch Joey Bada$$ exclusive freestyle for Angie below