Leave it up to Angie Martinez to make some dreams come true!
Angie surprised dancing internet sensation Major, with one of his favorite rappers, O.T. Genasis, who he dances to in that video which shoved him into the spotlight.
After giving the 4-year-old his whole entire little life, Angie sat down with O.T. to talk about:
- His new album about which he says “I’m like 80% done, I just gotta make sure everything is right, very correct…we gonna turn up."
- His hit ‘Coco’ being a bigger record than some people assumed. “They thought I was done, they thought I was outta here” he tells Angie.
- His relationship with Busta Rhymes. “He’s just really letting me do my thing.”
- That one time Busta fell off the stage and cracked his head open while he was performing at Webster Hall. “Once I found out he was OK I laughed” he says.
- His own embarrassing moment when he fell on stage in Africa. He says “there was a hole in the stage but I didn’t go to soundcheck so I didn’t know it was there.”
- His music taking him all over the world. “It’s humbling…in China you could see people crying. I thought that only happened for Michael Jackson."
- Kids always loving his songs and making videos about them.
- Having to tell his own son as well as other kids that ‘Coco’ is about the cereal Cocoa Puffs in order to keep things G rated.
- Whether or not he keeps kids in mind or filters himself in his music. “I can’t filter myself, it’s not authentic” he says while assuring Angie that the music will always be organic.
- His 'Coke & Butter' mixtape which is available now.
Check out the full interview below: