Queens Family Left Devastated After 8-Year-Old Dies In Fire

A Queens family has been left devastated and in need of the community's help after an 8-year-old passed away in house fire early Sunday morning.

An FDNY battalion chief says there were a total of 10 people in the home, including four children, and said that the child who was found dead in his bed has identified as the baby of the family, Tighani Jones. Two older boys were able to jump to safety through second-floor windows, neighbors said.

"It's disturbing and a very hard scene, but we tried our best, just couldn't get to them, too much fire," said FDNY Chief Patrick Ginty.

The FDNY says the fire was accidental, caused by a candle. RIP Tighani.

Click here to help the family with a donation for funeral arrangements.

 

title

Content Goes Here