Love is in the air here at the station! So, why not spread some of that love to you just in time for Valentine's Day. I have 10 movies all about black love for you to watch this month! Whether you'll be celebrating with your boo, your kids, or your dog I have something that can work for you!
Let's get the countdown started:
- Deliver Us From Eva. -Three men discover that getting involved in their sister-in-law's love life only makes their lives more complicated in this romantic comedy.
- Brown Sugar -A woman wonders if it's friendship or real love she feels when a male friend announces he's getting married. Will love win?
- Love Jones -Is love at first sight real? That's the question posed in this romantic comedy-drama set in Chicago.
- Honey Trap - Tells the story of fifteen-year-old Layla, who sets up the boy in love with her to be killed.
- Brotherly Love -Taylor, whose own musical ambitions are sidetracked by love, faces life-altering decisions in the streets of Philly.
- Why Did I get Married? -A Winter vacation designed to help couples work through their marital problems in a group setting finds the usual routine thrown into chaos.
- I mperial Dreams -A young father returns home from jail eager to get his son and become a writer, but poverty and a flawed justice system threatens his plans.
- Southside With You -This movie inspired by Barack and Michelle Obama's first date, recounts the eventful summer day in 1989.
- Beyond The Lights -it is ultimately love that gives Noni the courage to find her own voice and break free to become the artist she was meant to be in this film!
- Think Like A Man -The movie follows four men whose love lives are shaken up after their ladies buy Steve Harvey's book and start taking his advice about men to heart.
What is your favorite movie about black love? Let me know!
Photos @ GettyImages.