Actor Bokeem Woodbine who is one of the stars of the upcoming television series "Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G." dropped by The Angie Martinez Show to talk about the new murder mystery show, the first time he met Tupac and his 15 year slump in the acting game.
This is how it all went down:
- Said "Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G." show deals more with law enforcement officials trying to crack both murder cases and that some of the circumstances behind the cases were "Bizarre".
- There is drama on the show similar to how some scenes in “The People VS. OJ”, were dramatized.
- In the show, the people looking into Bigs murder somehow were led into the investigation of Pac's murder shortly after.
- An executive producer of the show was on the government taskforce investigation Biggies murder.
- Bokeem said learning what went on behind the scenes of the investigation was a crazy experience when you realize how it all went down.
- On his friendship with Pac he says met while filming “Gridlock'd” together and Pac invited him to be in the “I Ain't Mad At Cha” video.
- He first met Tupac at the "Jason’s lyric" premiere.
- On being in the acting game for 25 years now he had to say: “There are a lot of people I started out with, you don’t see them anymore”.
- Back in the day, he had a friendly rivalry with Wood Harris for rolls and even said he envied Harris for getting the “Paid in Full” role.
- When filming "Ray" with Jamie Foxx, he said Fox wasn't convinced it was going to be a hit.
- Spoke on how he was in a 15-year slump from 2001 up until "Fargo" came out (Which he has an Emmy Nom for), saying “It Dawns on you that your lifestyle is in Jeopardy” in regards to not acting as much.
"Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G." Premieres February 27th at 10pm on the USA and will continue weekly for ten episodes. You can check out the trailer below.