Posted May 8th, 2014 @ 12:11pm
Dress for Success interviewed Angela Yee and she provided professional tips for women.
- Remember that there is no shortcut; success does not come overnight. Be prepared to not make a lot of money at first and once you get to a certain level, you have to demand what you deserve.
- Giving up is not an option. You have to figure it out.
- It is hard to find people who are not going to judge you, but during negative times, do your best to try to turn things around. When you feel most vulnerable might just be the perfect time to take a risk.
- It is important that women be proud of whatever they want to do and have the ability to back it up. The definition of an empowered woman is not being ashamed of who you are and what you do.
- Having mentors helps you stay on track. Mentors can give you valuable insight on things like how important it is to be trust worthy, present and honest, etc.
Photo Credit: Getty Images